Europa’s loss to Lions on Tuesday night summed up how their season has been so far – not good enough. We take a look at the number of reasons behind their unconvincing performances. Continue reading
The matches, our predictions, the lowdown: here is our bitesize guide to the Premier Division action.
- Gibraltar Phoenix vs St Joseph’s (Wednesday 21st February – 20:30)
- Mons Calpe vs Manchester 62 (Thursday 22th February – 20:30)
- Lions vs Gibraltar United (Friday 23rd February – 20:30)
- Glacis United vs Europa (Saturday 24th February – 18:15)
- Lincoln Red Imps vs Lions (Saturday 24th February – 20:30)
- Phoenix vs St Joseph’s (Draw)
- Mons vs Man62 (Mons win)
- Lions vs Gib Utd (Gib Utd win)
- Glacis vs Europa (Europa win)
- Lincoln vs Lynx (Lincoln win)
- Mons will be expected to walk away with all three points against the side sitting bottom of the league and the return of Pibe will do no favours against the Red Devils who need to pick up some points.
- On paper, Gibraltar United will be favourites but trying to get a result against Lions won’t be an easy task. An interesting battle will be how Kenneth Chipolina deals with Dani Ponce while Erin Barnett will need to be at his best to keep Juan Manuel Llaves quiet.
- We can only see this game going in favour of Europa. Glacis have been poor since the league restarted and the slight hope they had of fighting for a spot in Europe has gone – Greens are still without Kike through suspension but will be hopeful of having talisman Enrique Carreno back from injury.
- We expect Lincoln to stroll past Lynx with no problems. Julio will be hoping for a better performance from his men after their draw against Europa and will use their opponents as a perfect way to get some momentum back.
Follow all the action on our Twitter account – @FGScoreCentre or @FootballGib