The Gibraltar National League will resume play after two months without action on Monday, when Lions take on College 1975.
Photo (C) David Roberts Photography
The league, which hasn’t seen any action since before Christmas, was confirmed last night by the Gibraltar FA to be resuming on Monday evening. So far, fixtures until the end of the split have been scheduled, which is before the March international break.
In a statement, the GFA also say: “The Gibraltar FA would like to express it’s gratitude to Her Majesty’s Government of Gibraltar, the Gibraltar Sports and Leisure Authority, Public Health Gibraltar and everyone who has been involved in working towards the safe return of Senior Men’s football thus allowing Gibraltar’s National Team to have the best possible preparation ahead of three huge World Cup Qualifiers in March.”
Owing to the current 10pm curfew in place in Gibraltar, evening games will be taking place at 7:30pm, instead of the 8pm slot they had in the weeks before the league stoppage. Games will presumably continue to be played behind closed doors.
- Monday 22nd February – Lions v College 1975 – 7:30pm
- Tuesday 23rd February – Mons Calpe v Bruno’s Magpies – 7:30pm
- Wednesday 24th February – St Joseph’s v Europa – 7:30pm
- Thursday 25th February – Glacis v Lincoln – 7:30pm
- Friday 26th February – Europa Point v Lions – 7:30pm
- Saturday 27th February – College v Bruno’s Magpies – 12:00pm
- Saturday 27th February – Lynx v Mons Calpe – 4pm
- Tuesday 2nd March – Europa v College 1975 – 7:30pm
- Wednesday 3rd March – Lions v Lynx – 7:30pm
- Thursday 4th March – Lincoln v St Joseph’s – 7:30pm
- Friday 5th March – Mons Calpe v Manchester – 7:30pm
- Saturday 6th March – Bruno’s Magpies v Europa Point – 4pm