The matches, our predictions, the lowdown: here is our bitesize guide to the Premier Division action.
- Glacis United vs St Joseph’s (Saturday 10th February – 18:15)
- Mons Calpe vs Europa (Saturday 10th February – 20:30)
- Lions vs Lynx (Sunday 11th February – 16:30)
- Lincoln Red Imps vs Gibraltar Phoenix (Sunday 11th February – 18:30)
- Gibraltar United vs Manchester 62 (Monday 12th February – 20:30)
- Glacis vs St Joseph’s (St Joseph’s win)
- Mons Calpe vs Europa (Draw)
- Lions vs Lynx (Draw)
- Lincoln vs Phoenix (Lincoln win)
- Gib Utd vs Man 62 (Gib Utd win)
- Saints will be seeing every game from now until the end of the season as a must-win especially which Gibraltar United only three points behind them while Glacis will be looking for a better performance after last week’s 3-0 loss to Lincoln – should be a tight encounter.
- Mons will be going into the game thinking they have a great chance to get all three points today despite being without Pibe, his partner Rubo bagged four goals in the Rock Cup last week and the team in general is looking very good. Due to their first game being postponed, this is the Green’s first league game since early December – they are without Kike through suspension but welcome back Ayew & Yahaya.
- Should be another tight game – on paper you’d say Lions are favourites but with their current form, Lynx had a good chance to get some valuable points as they try to avoid relegation.
- The new-look Phoenix side will be hoping to get off to a good start after their opening game being postponed – they take on a Lincoln side which is currently unbeaten this season and won the opening encounter 5-0. Should be interesting to see how they cope after a busy January window.
- We spoke about how important Ayman Elghobashy is and it only took him four minutes to score his first goal on his comeback from a 3-game suspension – we’d expect Manolo to name an unchanged side from the one which beat Man62 last Wednesday. On the other hand, the Red Devils will need to find the kind of form which made them so hard to beat early on in the season while the departure of James Adams has proved a problem.
Photo by C Correa Photography.