The matches, our predictions, the lowdown: welcome to our new bitesize guide to Premier Division action.
- Mons Calpe vs Lynx (Wednesday 18th October)
- Glacis United vs Gib Phoenix (Thursday 19th October)
- Gibraltar United vs St Joseph’s (Friday 20th October)
- Lincoln vs Europa (Saturday 21st October)
- Lions vs Manchester 62 (Saturday 21st October)
All games at 20:30 except Lincoln v Europa (18:15)
- Mons Calpe vs Lynx (Mons Calpe win)
- Glacis vs Phoenix (Draw)
- Gibraltar United vs St Joseph’s (Draw)
- Lincoln vs Europa (Lincoln win)
- Lions vs Man62 (Lions win)
1) Both teams go into this game with a point to prove following their bad starts to the season. Mons lost to Phoenix on the opening day while Lynx suffered back to back defeats to Gibraltar United & Lions. On paper the Calpians are favourites but with Lynx playing one more game, match fitness could play a big part in the contest.
2) Glacis can feel hard done by after their defeat to Saints last weekend, they were the better side for large parts of the game but just couldn’t make it count in the final third of the pitch.
3) This is one game which could prove to be an interesting encounter, both sides have strengthened and will be hoping to get three points. Gib Utd will want to put the draw against Manchester behind them and focus on beating a St Joseph’s side who are yet to find the same form which made them hard to beat last season – they will also be without Fran Mejias.
4) The biggest game in Gibraltar football graces the Victoria Stadium this weekend with league leaders Lincoln taking on champions Europa. The Imps have been excellent so far, scoring nine goals and conceding zero while Europa suffered a shock opening day defeat to Lions and will be hoping to kickstart their season. It comes no better than at the expense of your title rivals.
5) Lions are another team who have been excellent so far, wins over Europa & Lynx sees them sit second and they should be favourites on making it a third straight victory this weekend. Despite being one of the weaker sides in the league, Manchester 62 have put in two excellent performances and will make it difficult for Lions to break them down defensively.
You can follow all the games on our Facebook & Twitter pages.