Lincoln hammer Man62 to reach Rock Cup final

Braces from Liam Walker and Kyle Casciaro added to goals from Guido Abayian and an own goal secured Lincoln a 6-2 victory over Manchester 62 which booked themselves a spot in the Rock Cup final. 

Fifteen minutes in and Lincoln broke the deadlock, a free-kick was awarded from about 20/25 yards out, Liam Walker stepped up and curled his effort over the wall and into the bottom corner. Five minutes later Lincoln made it 2-0, Liam Walker picked up a loose ball from 25 yards out and fired his effort into the top corner. 

Eight minutes later Manchester 62 pulled a goal back, Fran Mejias capitalised on a defensive error and fired a low shot past Raul Navas. Two minutes later Lincoln made it 3-1, Kyle Casciaro latched onto a Liam Walker through ball and slotted his effort past the on-rushing Juan Antonio Mateo. Less than a minute later Manchester 62 pulled themselves another goal back, Jeremy Lopez whipped in a low cross which found Cristian Toncheff who drilled his effort past Navas. 

A few minutes before half-time Lincoln made it 4-2, a cross was whipped in which found Kyle Casciaro whose header was fired into his own net by Jack Sergeant. Shortly after referee Yaro Borg blew for half-time with Lincoln leading at the break in a thrilling first half. 

Manchester 62 made a substitution at half-time as Tom Isola replaced Lee Coombes who picked up and injury just before the half-time whistle. After such a brilliant first half-time from Manchester, the fitness levels dropped which made them easy pickings for Lincoln. Five minutes into the second half and Lincoln had a great chance to extend their lead, Joseph Chipolina whipped in a low cross which Liam Walker fired over from close range. 

On the hour mark Lincoln made it 5-2, Kyle Casciaro latched onto a through ball from his brother Lee and drilled his effort into the top corner from just inside the box. Fifteen minutes later Manchester 62 had a great chance to pull a goal back, a communication error between Navas and Joseph Chipolina saw the ball fall to Jeremy Lopez who fired his effort wide. 

With ten minutes remaining Manchester 62 were awarded a free-kick in a dangerous position, Aaron Payas stepped up and brought out a great save from Raul Navas. In added time Lincoln made it 6-2, Ruben Freitas whipped in a cross, Guido Abayian rose above his marker and headed his effort past Mateo. 

Lincoln saw out the last few minutes and walked away with the win which sees the holders of the Rock Cup move into the finals. 



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *